1798 2-storey, 3-bay house doubled in size by large later 19th century Tudor addition; forming L-plan. 1798 house; painted render with painted masonry margins; base course; quoins; eaves course. Later 19th century block, squared and snecked sandstone with ashlar margins and dressings; base course; hoodmoulds; string course.
SW (MAIN) ELEVATION: 1798 house: 2-storey, 3-bay house with lower single storey wing to outer left. Pilastered and corniced door at centre, modern glazed door; window above; flanking bays symmetrically disposed. Lower wing to outer left, modern picture window at ground. LATER ADDITION: advanced to outer right; 2 bays facing SW with porch in re-entrant angle formed with original house to left, chamfered reveals, stepped hoodmould, labelstops, shaped parapet; panelled door. Broad gable slightly advanced to outer right; canted window at ground, blocking course; bipartite at 1st floor, hoodmould; ventilation slit in gablehead. Narrow bay recessed to left, bipartite at ground, gabled dormerhead breaking eaves above, ball finial.
RETURN ELEVATION TO LEFT (NW): windows symmetrically disposed at 1st floor, corbelled apex stack.
SE ELEVATION: 2 bays; broad gable slightly advanced to outer right; canted window at ground, blocking course; bipartite at 1st floor hoodmould, ventilation slit in gablehead. Narrow bay recessed to left, bipartite at ground, pedimented dormerhead breaking eaves at 1st floor.
NE (REAR) ELEVATION: various alterations, lean-to additions; canted dormer to outer right; rooflights.
4-pane timber sash and case windows on earlier house; plate glass and 4-pane timber sash and case windows on later addition. Grey slate roof, lead flashings earlier house; grey slate roof with ashlar sawtooth skews, gablet pedestals to ball finials.
INTERIOR: not seen 1995.