Circa 1750, or slightly earlier. Evidence that southern half is extension, circa 1790. Architect unconfirmed, possibly John Douglas of Edinburgh. Striking classical stable and coach-house block, square in plan. 2-storey in external form, mostly harled whinstone rubble with much dressing in broached, droved and carved sandstone.
FRONT (N) ELEVATION: dominated by bold pedimented portico, entablature supported by 4 Tuscan columns and timber architrave, backed by squared pilasters. Elliptical oculus in pediment. Central arched doorway, flanked by 2 windows behind portico, flanked symmetrically by 2 three-centred archways with keystones and impost blocks each with cornice and narrow attic, above incorporating rectangular hay loft opening.
S ELEVATION: 5-bay, symmetrical. Distinguished by 3 advanced bays at centre and corners, each with bipartite windows at ground and 1st floor, surmounted by cornice and dummy attic with blind windows.
2 intervening bays each with single doorway. Single storey shed with doorway, cornice and blocking course attached to W.
E ELEVATION: 3 advanced bays, with dummy attic over cornice and downturned dummy lintel over blind window and ashlar base course, except at S bay with doorway to ground floor. Blind-arched window with keystone and impost blocks in recessed bay to N.
W ELEVATION: similar to E elevation, but southmost bay not advanced, with lean-to shed at ground with small ocular window.
Fenestration partly absent, but mostly small-pane, some fixed, some sash and case, several being replacements.
Roof essentially double piended, repairs underway in graded grey Scotch slate. 3 octagonal ashlar stacks irregularly above E and W elevations.
KENNELS: harled rubble, ashlar dressings, eaves course. 2 doorways to E opening to enclosure with cast-iron railings. 2 ocular vents to W into short enclosed latrine. Pyramidal roof under repair.