Extensively remodelled country house 1897, Sir John Burnet, architect, but incorporating walls of earlier house (18th century with 2 added wings in 1820s). Large 2-storey house with neo-Georgian details, planned around small internal court. Harled with ashlar dressings, modern red felt tiled roof. Entrance front, near symmetrical, 5-bay; central door, pilastered and consoled, (1897), 2 flanking windows with circa 1820 delicately carved consoled cornices. 2 wider advanced wings with canted ground floor windows, centre lights with curvilinear rail over casements, bipartite above, additional single storey projection to W. All other windows sash and case with 15-pane glazing. To E and W of main front set back bays with elaborately pilastered and decorated ashlar 1st floor facades. To W elevation ground floor verandah. To E lower service court (now altered) Interior: finely executed woodwork throughout: main front rooms with stained glass panels of castles.
Outer hall, marble floor and bold plain chimneypiece with columned overmantel: decorative Renaissance detail screen and internal porch. Panelled stair hall, stair with wine glass balusters, coved ceiling to upper landing supported on cherub consoles, screens at either end of landing, stained glass Art Nouveau stair window. Drawing Room, marble chimneypiece with overmantel incorporating cherubs and swags, deep frieze, plaster panelled ceiling, Former Library, 3 French windows with coloured glass, chimneypiece and overmantel, coved ceiling. Dining Room, elaborate chimneypiece with timber details rising to timber joisted ceiling. Simple but consistent detail in 1st floor rooms (2 amalgamated to front of house). Extensive walls (formerly part of walled garden and stable range to N and E.)