William Burn, architect. Built 1814. Rectangular-plan 3-bay
Gothic church with engaged 3-stage square tower at west
gable; octagonal angle stair turret, low narrow chancel and
vestry added 1880, James Barbour of Dumfries. Stugged pink
ashlar, polished dressings, window dressings contrasting red
sandstone. Tudor-arched windows with perpendicular tracery;
buttresses gableted above eaves level. Tower with west-
facing door, chamfered angles, off-set top stage with
crenellated parapet, stair turret rises above south west
angle with louvered openings to each face and faceted and
finialed roof. Windows hood-moulded at west. Lean-to vestry
in south east re-entrant angle. Slate roof.
Interior: re-modelled by Barbour; mostly 1880, 1905 organ
gallery in tower with cusped-headed gallery framing; open
timber roof panelled reredos; windows hood-moulded.
Quadrangular churchyard enclosure, ashlar-coped rubble-built
walls incorporating cottage at south, gate to west of
latter; corniced square gatepiers with pyramidal caps. 19th-
20th century stone monuments.