1903. Gothic church. Rectangular-plan; tower to NW angle; vestry to S. Rubble; squared and snecked to N elevation. Red sandstone ashlar dressings. Eaves course. Pointed-arched windows. Leaded coloured glazing. Hoodmoulds and chamfered arrisses to all openings and cusped heads to windows to N elevation and tower. Coped skews; gabletted skewputt to NE. Small grey slates to deeply-pitched roof. Terracotta tile ridging. Two iron ridge ventilators.
N (STAIR STREET) ELEVATION: pointed-arched door at centre, with double-leaf boarded door and rebated margin. Window flanking to left and right. Stepped 3-light window at centre at gallery level. Very small blinded window in gablehead. Celtic cross finial at apex. Tower advanced and intercepting elevation to right. Window to slightly recessed bay to left.
TOWER: 3-stage tower, with open belfry at 3rd stage. Slightly battered at base. String course between 1st and 2nd stages. Window to N and enlarged to door to W at 1st stage. Window to N and W faces, and raised above pitch of church roof to S face at 2nd stage. Coped base to belfry at 3rd stage; 2-light opening to each face, with colonnette mullion and flanking corbel details. Eaves course. Pyramidal roof with modern finial (formerly taller and slated).
W ELEVATION: 5-bay, with dividing and outer buttresses. Window to each bay.
E ELEVATION: 6-bay, with dividing buttresses and buttress to outer left. Window to each bay.
S ELEVATION: round window at centre at gallery level. Piended vestry adjoined at centre and left; Tudor-arched doorway to left to W, with fanlit boarded door, and wallhead angled above; bipartite window to right and window to left and centre to S; lean-to in re-entrant angle to E, with door to S and slit to E. Ashlar gablehead stack to church, with 3 cans.
INTERIOR: 5-bay. Painted plaster walls, with cornice, and timber dadoes. Timber kingpost roof, with braces springing from corbels; additional vertical struts with cusped detailing. Hoodmoulds to windows. Pulpit to S, with steps from right; timber screen behind, with cusped panelling and outer finials; door to vestry to right and aumbry door to left incorporated in screen. Timber communion table (n.d.), font (1951) and lectern (1954). Small gallery to N, with outer brackets; gallery door to E. Timber mullioned and transomed vestibule screen below, with leaded coloured glazing; door to left and right. Stained glass window in bay to outer right to E wall in memory of James
Morrison (died 1951). Timber pews. Two marble mural tablets.
Vestry to SW, session house to SE. Continuous stair to gallery to E of vestibule; room at 1st stage of tower to W, with ladder up to 2nd stage.
BOUNDARY WALLS, RAILINGS AND GATES: rubble wall to N, with red sandstone ashlar saddleback coping; raised sections, linked by railings. Unusual decorative cast-iron railings; similarly detailed 2-leaf gates. Rubble coped rubble walls to E, W and S.
WAR MEMORIAL: circa 1919. Celtic cross war memorial. Situated to NE of church. Bull-faced pink granite. Celtic cross set on pedestal. N, E and W faces of pedestal polished and inscribed with names. Polished panel to base of pedestal to N, inscribed "Erected by the inhabitants to the memory of the brave men of this parish who fell in the Great War 1914 - 18". Bronze plaque below inscribed "1939 - 1945", with names.