Mid 18th century. 2-storey, 3-bay manse with alterations
and additions including 2 2-bay full-height gabled rear
wings, asymmetrical low ranges beyond. Mainly rubble-built
with ashlar margins, latter mostly painted: E gable and S
elevation both harled: small-paned sash windows
throughout. Slate roofs.
ORIGINAL BUILDING: main S elevation altered with 19th century
openings, 2 bipartites only at ground; single original
1st floor window to each gable with chamfered margins;
moulded main cornice also probably original; skews and end
stacks may be contemporary with NE rear wing (?perhaps
NE WING: (in style of Walter Newall) circa 1840; and
advanced from E gable with main entrance (deeply recessed
panelled door with small-paned fanlight) and single/mullioned
windows with lying-panes; corniced end stack with coped
Modern timber porch links low rear ranges. Rectangular-plan
barn to N built probably 2nd half of 18th century - now
partly used as garage - with square-headed openings and slit ventilators.
Walled garden to W.