Robert Hutchison (see Notes), 1833; builder, James Dowie. 2-storey, 3-bay, L-plan, piend-roofed house with single storey projection to rear. Snecked red whinstone rubble with contrasting droved ashlar quoins. Base course and eaves cornice.
S (PRINCIPAL) ELEVATION: symmetrical. Plain corniced and pilastered doorpiece with deep-set panelled timber door and bat-wing fanlight to centre at ground, windows in flanking bays and regular fenestration close to eaves at 1st floor.
W ELEVATION: 4 windows grouped to centre and left bays at ground, and 3 windows similarly grouped at 1st floor; dominant shouldered wallhead stack off-centre right.
E ELEVATION: windows to right and left of centre at ground, and blocked window to centre at 1st floor below shouldered wallhead stack.
N ELEVATION: stair window to centre bay, with windows to each floor at outer left; projecting wing to right with door below window on return to left, and further projecting single storey bay with windows to N, E and W.
12-pane glazing pattern in timber sash and case windows, except to E with plate glass glazing. Slates. Coped ashlar and harl shouldered stacks with some cans.
Statement of Special Interest
Formerly listed as Kennoway Old Parish Manse. The NSA describes, "An excellent and commodious new manse, with offices and garden wall, was built in 1833, on a new and very eligible site, about five minutes walk from the church". Robert Hutchison (architect of the session room and watch house at Old Kennoway Churchyard) was employed as Clerk of Works, providing working drawings for a plan 'altered by the late Captain Lundin and drawn by James Fisher under his directions'.