Later 18th century, enlarged and recast circa 1804; altered by James Gillespie & Scott 1885/6, 1902/9, 1945/6. Tall 2-storey and attic, 3-bay, pedimented classical mansion with parapet, piended roof and twin stacks. Lower 2-storey wing to E adjoining single and 2-storey offices. Ashlar with rusticated quoins. Eaves cornice with parapet blocking course. Stone mullions.
N (ENTRANCE) ELEVATION: slightly advanced bay to centre with later pilastered porch with windows on returns, cornice and blocking course, further projecting Roman Doric-columned doorpiece and 2-leaf panelled timber door; 2 windows above giving way to pediment with wheel-astragalled circular window in tympanum. 2 windows to each floor of flanking bays.
S ELEVATION: 3-bay elevation. Broad, full-height, bowed centre bay with flanking full-height pilaster strips and tall tripartite window to each floor, that to ground with pilaster-mullions and hoodmould; 2 windows to each floor of flanking bays.
W ELEVATION: later tall tripartite window with pilaster-mullions in slightly advanced segmentally-arched rectangular bay at ground; 2 windows to 1st floor (that to right false), and dormer window off-centre right behind parapet.
E ELEVATION: projecting lower 2-storey offices (see below).
12-pane glazing pattern in timber sash and case windows. Segmental-headed, lead-roofed, slate-hung dormer windows. Grey slates. Coped ashlar ridge stacks. Cast-iron downpipes with decorative rainwater hoppers.
INTERIOR: decorative plasterwork cornices and architraved, 6-panelled timber doors. Part-glazed 2-leaf screen door with deep 3-part fanlight and tall flanking small-pane lights leading to hall with winding stair and oval landing. 3 principal ground floor rooms, centre and W with classical (gilded gesso?) pelmets.
OFFICES: slated with small-pane glazing patterns in timber sash and case windows.
N ELEVATION: recessed bay to outer right (adjoining house) with window to each floor; steeply-pitched roof piended range with 3 windows projecting to left, return to right with window in shaped screen wall and dormer window above. Further single storey range with 3 windows beyond to left, and isolated single bay to outer left.
S ELEVATION: 5 recessed bays, that to left taller and piended with window to each floor. Lower bays to right with 4 windows to each floor, those to centre at 1st floor breaking eaves into pedimented dormerheads.
ANCILLARY BUILDING: octagonal former dairy, now potting shed, linked at NW angle, with centre roof ventilator opening. Door to W with casement window to each remaining face. Veranda supported on slender cast-iron columns. Interior with marble shelf on shaped stone supports.
WALLED GARDEN: walled garden to E with flat-coped rubble walls, pedestrian entrance to W with worn figurative (lion or bewigged human figure) sundial on coping. Wider opening with square-section gatepiers to N, and remains of lean-to glasshouses to NE.