Circa 1800, possibly incorporating earlier fabric (see Notes); W wing circa 1875. 2-storey, 3-bay, rectangular-plan former manse. Squared red whinstone rubble with contrasting ashlar dressings, raised quoins and margins; random rubble to sides and rear. Eaves lintel course.
S (PRINCIPAL) ELEVATION: symmetrical. 6-panelled timber door with plate fanlight to centre bay at ground, windows in flanking bays and regular fenestration to 1st floor. Slightly recessed single storey bay with window to outer right, and slightly advanced single storey gabled bay with window to outer left.
N ELEVATION: window to each outer bay at ground, and tiny opening off-centre right; stair window to centre, and 2 modern rooflights to right.
E ELEVATION: single storey extension with garage door, and window to right at 1st floor.
2-, 4- and 12-pane glazing patterns in timber sash and case windows. Grey slates. Coped ashlar stacks with thackstanes and cans, ashlar-coped skews with ropework-moulded scroll skewputts.
INTERIOR: moulded cornicing, panelled timber shutters and doors. Fine classically-detailed carved timber fireplaces. 1st floor drawing room with decorative classical plasterwork to sideboard arch. Etched glass to stair window.
BOUNDARY WALLS AND GATEPIERS: rubble boundary walls with pyramidally-coped square-section gatepiers.