The first known owners of the lands on which Inchyra stands were the Priory of St Andrews and Scone Abbey. During the 13th century, the lands had been incorporated into the Earldom of Fife but, in 1424, on the forfeiture of the Earldom they passed to the Hays of Errol. In 1644, the 10th Earl of Errol sold the lands of Inchyra to Sir Thomas Blair of Balthayock.
His descendants subsequently inherited but the estate was split and only the Barony of Inchyra which formed half the estate was retained by the Blair family whilst the other half, Priorlands, passed to others. In 1724, Alexander Blair, bonded his part of the Inchyra property to his lawyer, Andrew Anderson, due probably to financial difficulties. His sister, who then owned three-quarters of the estate, conferred part of the property on David Anderson in 1777 and the remainder of it in 1785. David Anderson died in 1786 and his son, John, a successful Edinburgh lawyer, then purchased the retraining quarter of the Inchyra estate.
By this time, Priorlands was owned by Lord Gray of Kinfauns. He and John Anderson established an agreement whereby the lands were redistributed into more manageable units; the 130 acres of Inchyra lands were established into their present form, extending from Inchyra village in the south to the ridge of hills in the north.
John Anderson, commissioned the building of the present house as his country residence between 1800-1810. He died in 1814 and was succeeded by his son, David, who showed little interest in the property. The estate was thus sold in 1837, to Robert Cristall, a farmer in Tofthill. In 1873, the policies passed to Mr James Watson whilst Inchyra Manor Farm was sold separately. His family was responsible for much of the tree planting which remains today. In 1941, Mr Watson's trustees sold the policies to Mr and Mrs Harold de Pass. They later acquired the farms of Inchyra Manor and Priorlands and thus restored the estate to its original 17th century proportions as held by the Blair family.
Lord and Lady Inchyra, the present owners, acquired the estate in 1955. Since then, they have made many improvements to the house and grounds, particularly the gardens.